Restoration or revival is coupled to prayer and repentance. As you know one without the other is not sufficient. We’ve spoken about spending more private time alone with our Lord, communing with Him and becoming restful in His presence. When time is precious He knows your gift of time alone with Him is one of your most valuable offerings of worship.
Let’s look now more to repentance, especially as it will impact a leader of God’s flock. It is valuable to ask every day for revelation of hidden sins and for the grace for true repentance. Our sins are usually multiplied in those we teach and lead. Our holiness and virtue also multiplies in them. What are those sins that we have been committing without conviction because all of our closest brothers in ministry are not aware they are wrong, even seriously wrong in Father’s mind? Let’s think together.
Father God expressed His heart to us when He said “
“If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, (14) and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land (2 Chronicles 7:13-14 NASB).
Why do we always think of the common sins: sex, drugs, alcohol, lying stealing, etc. when we think of “our wicked ways”? Because they are most common and noticeable. But we all know there are sins that are not so obvious, that are “acceptable behavior” in modern America. Acts like the murder of babies in the womb, justifying excess comforts when sisters and brothers in Christ are starving, and holding on to unforgivenness, and many more “culture sins,” to name only a few. I suggest the “acceptable behavior” kind of unholiness and hardness of heart has greatly weakened the witness of Jesus’ followers, and reduced oneness in Christ to a sham. Judgmental thoughts instead of acts of love are rampant in the Body of Christ because of denomination-bred pride.
And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. (16) “He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned. (17) “These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; (18) they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.
So then, when the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God. And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them, and confirmed the word by the signs that followed (Mark 16:15-20 NASB).
These words clearly were intended to be obeyed until Jesus arrives to judge unbelieving nations.
In the area of Christian Leadership, it is easy to see that the distortion and ignoring of some of Jesus’ teachings has greatly reduced our witness. For example, though He clearly declared all believers were to do the works of healing, miracles, and deliverance from demonic oppression, only a small fraction of today’s followers are taught to do as He commanded, making such demonstrations a central part of the Good News.
Yet it can be said that a high percentage of pastors are not aware or refuse to teach about this calling which Jesus gave every one of His followers: Therefore, repentance in this arena is likely what He wants to see fulfilled so that revival will be granted.
In the Old Testament, God dealt primarily with leaders. I believe He still does. Repenting from our wicked ways points to extremely important areas of teaching like accepting and obeying ALL of what the Holy Spirit wrote for us. Although Jesus repeatedly put great emphasis upon the purpose of His visit was to make everyone aware that He brought a brand new government to this world—the thing all creation is crying out to receive.
Yet, in our churches today the main focus is not the Kingdom of God or the belief that we can bring heaven to earth as Jesus taught. Leaders and followers have “become so heavenly focused, they have become no earthly good.” We must quickly begin to tell folks that they must believe He is their atonement, Lord of heaven and earth, and they must willingly lose their lives and become His slaves.
When they do that, some will leave but those that stay will be responsive disciples. Good witnesses, obedient to our Master. He modeled the ministry with teachings accompanied by signs, wonders, and miracles. We should do no less because all the authority and power we could ever need has been offered to us.
1. As global tensions rise, Christian ministers must become more powerful and effective.
2. A nation facing crisis desperately needs God’s help. He always wants to deliver His solutions through His spiritual shepherds, the Ephesians 4:11 ministry gifts.
3. Father wants all ministers and believers to teach and demonstrate the full gospel.
4. Millions are being deprived of the benefits in seeing signs, wonders, miracles and gifts of the Holy Spirit.
5. The people of God and of the world desperately need to see the glory of God.
6. Modern medicine, pharmaceuticals, psychology, are not good substitutes for supernatural healing, or deliverance from demonic bondage (drugs, porn, alcohol, gluttony, etc.).
7. Revival means God restores fire, power, zeal, missions, holiness, and re-dedication to His church.
8. USA badly needs the full gospel.
9. You, yes you, can spread the word to thousands about the wonderful revival that began recently.
10. Sadly, very few pastors and therefore few church fellowships are aware of this blessing.
11. You can become a part of a great army of concerned saints who spread this news.
12. The mission of this ministry is to show the way in which you can be effective in bringing about the great turning around of our nation.